New Antibiotics for the Treatment of Drug-Resistant Gram-negative Infections
Join Dr. Scott Micek on Monday, October 26, 2020 from 9:00 am to 10:00 am for an engaging live virtual presentation discussing gram-negative bacterial infections treated with new antibiotics. During this presentation, you will learn about Gram-negative resistance, antibiotic treatment options, and strategies for antimicrobial stewardship. This knowledge can help lead efforts within the hospital to ensure appropriate drug selection and use, with the goal of improving patient outcomes and reducing the development of resistance in Gram-negative microorganisms.
This session will be held live in a virtual format. All pharmacists are welcome to attend!
Date: Oct 26, 2020 09:00 AM - 11:55 PM
Registration closes on Nov 11, 2020 08:45 AM
St. Louis College of Pharmacy at the University of Health Sciences and Pharmacy in St. Louis is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. To learn more about the specific program information, including universal activity numbers (UAN's) and learning objectives, please expand the modules below. Following successful completion of an evaluation, CE credit will be automatically reported to NABP through the CPE Monitor system, using the NABP ePID numbers and date of birth (MMDD) stored in participants' user profiles. Follow this link to learn more about CPE Monitor and the credit reporting process » Participants are responsible for ensuring receipt of credit; no credit can be corrected or awarded if more than 60 days have passed from the date of the event or if the home study is expired.
It is the policy of St. Louis College of Pharmacy at the University of Health Sciences and Pharmacy in St. Louis, to ensure balance, independence, objectivity and scientific rigor in all its educational programs. All faculty participating in this program are expected to disclose to the program audience any real or apparent conflicts of interest related to the content of the presentation.
Requirements for CE Credit
- Visit this site. Make sure you are logged in and registered before proceeding.
- Complete an evaluation by clicking the green evaluation button for each session/block.
- Enter the evaluation code that was given to you at the end of the session you attended.
- Answer all questions honestly - we appreciate your feedback! All responses are stored anonymously.
- Click submit. As soon as you submit, a report containing the NABP ePID and DOB stored in your profile will be automatically sent to CPE Monitor.
- Please allow up to 48 hours for processing. Your credit should appear in your NABP profile online.
Registration closes on Nov 11, 2020
at 08:45 AM
- Describe the epidemiology and mechanisms of drug resistance among Gram-negative bacterial infections.
- Compare and contrast antibiotic options for treating serious Gram-negative infections.
- In the context of case scenarios, identify antibiotic options for difficult-to-treat Gram-negative bacterial infections in hospitalized patients.
Scott Micek, Pharm.D.